Friday , June 23rd, 2023
Call for Submissions – Encore Gallery at TCA 2024
- Call is open to emerging and established artists residing within 50 miles of Taos County.
- Artists may not have exhibited with “TCA Exhibits” within the last 3 years.
- Accepted Media for the Encore Gallery includes: drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, photography or a combination of wall and sculptural works as deemed suitable to the venue. Installation works appropriate for the Encore Gallery space are also accepted.
- Artists must have a body of work to appropriately fill the Encore Gallery.
- Collaborations are welcome.
- Work must be original and prepared to hang.
- All work should be available for purchase during the exhibit.
- Exhibitions will run February 2024- January 2025
- Shows are between 4-6 weeks long
- TCA publicizes the event on website and all social media/e-newsletter.
- TCA prepares exhibition labels.
- TCA Art Committee may conduct a studio visit and work with artists to curate and hang the exhibition.
- Artists are expected to lead install and de-install .
- Artists receive 60% of retail sales price, artwork sold through TCA is tax free.
- Artists are responsible for shipping arrangements/expense.
- Artists are responsible for additional exhibition signage expenses beyond title of show.
- Artists will provide information & images for a press release six weeks prior to exhibition opening.
Submission Process – To submit work for consideration, there are 2 options:
Option 1: Submit a proposal in one email to Alice Morillon at [email protected] that includes these attachments: A single document with (a) a short exhibition proposal, (b) an artist statement/bio and 10-15 samples/images of work.
Option 2: Fill out this google form (uploading images of work required)